Have you ever tried a spaghetti squash? I heard all the rave about them several years ago. First, they are a pain to cut in half, right? They take about an hour to cook in the oven too. For those two reasons, I kinda only cook them a few times a year.
Until now…..cooking spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot is so easy breezy!!!
I do eat pasta but sometimes I want something a little lighter. I love vegetables and the spaghetti squash is the perfect addition to any meal. It’s also loaded with great nutrients.
*Source – Nutrition Facts taken from www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com
They are loaded with Potassium and low in carbs. Win Win!
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot
1 small to medium size spaghetti squash. Make sure it’s firm and doesn’t have brown spots
1. Take the spaghetti squash and cut it in half. If it’s too difficult to cut, either grab your husband or just place the whole thing in the Instant Pot.
2. Place the trivet in your Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water.
3. Put your spaghetti squash on the trivet.
4. Attach the lid and set it to the “sealing” position, Pressure Cook and set the pressure to HIGH
5. Adjust the cook time down to 10 minutes.
6. Use the quick release method for the pressure and let it cool for a few minutes once it’s finished.
7. Grab a fork and start pulling your spaghetti
8. Season with Sea Salt and Pepper
Note: If you placed the squash in the Instant Pot whole, it will be super easy to cut once it’s cooked. Add an extra 5 minutes though to cook it. Once finished and cut, remove all the seeds and then you can pull your spaghetti.
I know I say this in every Instant Pot post, but I seriously love this thing! 10 minutes and I have spaghetti squash all cooked!
It’s so much fun pulling the spaghetti out! Serve with a meat sauce and top with fresh mozzarella! Do you like Spaghetti Squash? How do you prepare it?
PIN FOR LATER
Get fast, healthy, tender and amazing pressure-cooked foods, without sacrificing any of the health benefits of traditional cooking… The Pressure Cooking eBook & Video Package (retail $64 – sale $20) includes: the Pressure Cooking eBook, 5 Pressure Cooking Master Class Videos, and the “Pack-A-Picnic” bonus eBooklet. All of this is from my friends over at the Traditional Cooking School!