You have your plans drawn and you are ready to go to permitting with your local county. Maybe you have a builder or you are building your home yourself. The little details in your new home should make an impact and showcase your style.
Most of the time when you walk into someone’s home, you notice how tall the ceilings are or the gorgeous wood floors. The lighting is a great focal point when you walk into a room as well. Making sure everything coordinates is super important.
Bathrooms are just as important as the rest of the details in the home.
Here’s some tips to help you in selecting these items.
- First off, find your style. Maybe it’s modern, shabby chic or vintage.
- Find quality manufactures while you are searching online such as Delta, Moen, Randolph Morris or Kingston Brass. Make sure it will be easy to get parts for your fixtures should anything go wrong down the road. Also, look at their warranty information.
- Now, pick your finish color. Do you like black, stainless steel, chrome or brushed nickel?
- Keep in mind, your plumbing fixtures need to coordinate with your tub/toilet/sink color and your tile in the shower/baths.
- You can find a lot of good idea boards on Pinterest and Instagram.
- If you are working with a builder, maybe they have a design center that can assist you in putting this altogether. You could also hire an interior designer to give you their input.
Selecting your fixtures needs to happen pretty early on once you receive your permit. Your plumber is going to need the valves for the rough-in shower inspection once your framing is installed. Not all manufacturers coordinate with the same valves. That’s why you have to have your selections already picked out and purchased.
You can wait on the sink and tub fixtures (if it’s a separate piece). Those items are not needed until your plumber is scheduled to do the final trim out, which is close to the end of your home building.
Don’t forget to think about your toilet handle as well. It’s just as important to coordinate that little guy with your fixtures.
We’re building a new home right now and have just a few more months until we are finished. Check out my article on why we are building a farmhouse. I also have some tips on building a custom new home.
We are going with brushed nickel in our master bath. Our style is vintage so we bought everything in our bath from Vintage Tub. I just love the timeless fixtures from there. Here are some photos of our shower. I can’t wait until the tub and sinks get installed so I can show you it all completed.
I’d love for you to follow along as we finish our custom home. We are rockin’ and rollin’ on the inside and I have some fun design features I can’t wait to reveal to you. Follow HERE.
If you’re building a new home or have ever built one, I’d love to hear any tips you have!
PIN FOR LATER